Series covers a variety of subjects regarding natural gas, such as distribution, regulations, innovative applications, substituting diesel by VNG or biomethane
Six books of the RCGI/USP/Synergia collection will be released during the III Sustainable Gas Research Innovation (SGRI) international conference on natural gas, which will occur in São Paulo on September 25 and 26. The event will bring together more than 200 researchers, besides representatives of the Brazilian government, regulatory agencies, international planning bodies, and petroleum companies.
The series was conceived by several research groups of the FAPESP Shell Research Centre for Gas Innovation (RCGI) and is the result of research carried out by RCGI scientists under different partnerships between the University of São Paulo (USP) and government, social, and business agents from the energy sector.
The collection covers a variety of aspects of the use of natural gas, such as distribution, regulations, innovative applications in industry, substitution of diesel by VNG or biomethane, and even petroleum royalties. “These books reflect the strong calling for the integration and dissemination of knowledge, which has been the hallmark of the RCGI since its foundation, according to FAPESP guidelines,” says Professor Edmilson Moutinho dos Santos, Coordinator of the RCGI’s Energy and Economy Policies program and Professor at USP’s Institute for Energy and Environment (IEE/USP).
Besides these first six books, ten more titles will be released by 2020, for a total of 16 books, all of which in a partnership with Synergia Editora (http://www.synergiaeditora.com.br/). See the following list of the works that are now available.
Information: The release of the RCGI/USP/Synergia series will take place at the III Sustainable Gas Research Innovation conference, which takes place September 25 and 26, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., in the CDI/USP Auditorium (Av. Prof. Lúcio Martins Rodrigues, 310, Cidade Universitária, Butantã, São Paulo). See more information about the event by clicking on https://bit.ly/2O9cWBL
1. Atualidades Regulatórias do Mercado de Gás Brasileiro [“Regulatory Update of the Brazilian Natural Gas Market”].
Organizers: Hirdan Katarina de Medeiros Costa, Silvia Andrea Cupertino, and Edmilson Moutinho dos Santos.
2. Boas Práticas em Distribuição de Gás Natural – tecnologias e processos para lidar com emergências em redes de distribuição de gás natural [“Best Practices for Natural Gas Distribution – technologies and processes for handling emergencies in natural gas distribution networks”].
Authors: Alberto José Fossa, Felipe de Albuquerque Sgarbi, Danielle Johann, and Edmilson Moutinho dos Santos.
3. Impacto Ambiental na Substituição de Combustível Automotivo Convencional por GNV – caso de caminhões de lixo [“Environmental Impact of Substituting Conventional Automotive Fuel with VNG – the case of garbage trucks”].
Authors: Edmilson Moutinho dos Santos, Rodrigo Galbieri, Thiago Luís Felipe Brito, Paul Poulallion, and Dominique Mouette.
4. Royalties de petróleo, justiça e sustentabilidade [“Petroleum Royalties, Justice System, and Sustainability”].
Author: Hirdan Katarina de Medeiros Costa.
5. Uso de Gás Natural e Biometano no transporte coletivo urbano – uma avaliação sob a ótica ambiental [“Using Natural Gas and Biomethane in urban collective transportation – an assessment from the environmental viewpoint”].
Authors: Edmilson Moutinho dos Santos, Dominique Mouette, Thiago Brito, Rodrigo Galbieri, Pedro Gerber, and Murilo Fagá.
6. Usos inovadores do gás natural na indústria: promoção da eficiência energética em arranjos produtivos locais (APL) em sintonia com melhores práticas de gestão da energia [“Innovative uses of natural gas in industry: promoting energy efficiency in local productive arrangements (LPA), in harmony with best energy management practices”].
Authors: Alberto José Fossa; Alexandre de Barros Gallo; Felipe de Albuquerque Sgarbi; Taluia Croso; Danielle Johann; Edmilson Moutinho dos Santos; and Flávia Mendes de Almeida Collaço.
7. Tecnologias de Produção e Uso de Biogás e Biometano. [“Technologies for Producing and Using Biogas and Biomethane”].
Autores: Suani Teixeira Coelho; Vanessa Pecora Garcilasso; Antônio Djalma Nunes Ferraz Júnior; Marilin Mariano dos Santos e Caio Luca Joppert.